For the purposes of these terms and conditions any references to ‘the
company’ means SUREFIRE SEARCHES and any third party organizations, associates, partners or employees used during the course of legitimate SUREFIRE SEARCHES business. Any reference to the
‘client’ means the vendor, the purchaser or the purchaser’s lender. Please note, where the vendor or the purchaser have instructed a third party to act as their agents, these parties will be
treated as representatives rather than ‘clients’.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES provides Conveyancing Searches and other Conveyancing related
products. We are neither Process Servers nor Equity Agents.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board and any Services provided under these Terms will be compliant with
the Search Code.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES services are restricted to UK based properties
- Unless otherwise agreed, all instructions must be in writing and include full
postal address, location plan and the appropriate fee.
- Should no location plan be provided, SUREFIRE SEARCHES will still fulfill the requested service but will
not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in the results. This may result in some information being excluded/missed from the search if we are unable to locate the full boundary of
the property being searched. In some cases Local Land Charges will refuse to allocate an appointment to access the Land Charges Register until such time as a plan can be provided that clearly
shows the boundary of the property.
- The information contained in a Search Report has been obtained by a personal inspection of the public
records and other legitiate sources available in the public domain.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES undertakes to ensure that the information will only be obtained by fully trained staff,
or associates experienced in carrying out Local Authority Searches. The search report has been prepared with reasonable skill and care.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES accepts no responsibility for revealing incomplete or inaccurate information where this
is the result of incomplete or inaccurate source material.
- Unless otherwise requested only Planning Register entries dated 01 January 1974 or later will be included
in the Search Report.
- All personal searches carried out by SUREFIRE SEARCHES are covered by our Professional Indemnity insurance
for up to £2 million per search against 'errors and omissions'.
- In the event that the client suffers loss as a result of the negligence or otherwise, the liability of
SUREFIRE SEARCHES will be limited to an amount not exceeding £2 million in respect of any individual claim.
- The local authority will be liable for any negligent or incorrect entry in the records searched.
SUREFIRE SEARCHES will be liable for any negligent or incorrect interpretation of the records searched, or recording of that interpretation in the report.
- Should SUREFIRE SEARCHES cease to trade for any reason, SUREFIRE SEARCHES will, prior to cessation, execute
run-off insurance cover for past search products.
- Where additional information is required and forms an essential part of a search request, it is the
obligation of the client to inform SUREFIRE SEARCHES at the outset. e.g. Optional Enquiries.
- Where it is only available at an additional cost/time element SUREFIRE SEARCHES undertakes to inform
the client of any additional fees that may be chargeable for obtaining such information.
- In the event of the client requesting 'copy documents', a fee will be charged based on the cost/time
elements of obtaining said documents and any local authoriy disbursement. SUREFIRE SEARCHES will inform the client of such fees at the time of the request.
- SUREFIRE SEARCHES aims to complete all searches within five working days. However, where this is not
possible due to external factors e.g. local authority appointment systems, we will provide an estimated completion date.
- Where SUREFIRE SEARCHES is aware in advance that there may be a delay incompleting the instruction,
SUREFIRE SEARCHES undertakes, wherever possible, to inform the client at the outset. In all other circumstances, SUREFIRE SEARCHES undertakes to inform the client within twenty-four hours of
becoming aware of any such delay.
- Where the delay is due to external factors SUREFIRE SEARCHES does not accept any liability for any loss,
financial or otherwise, incurred by the client, as a result of said delay.
- Results will be typed and submitted in SUREFIRE SEARCHES report format. In the case of inter-agent
searches this will be a "short" form report which provides information only.
- The client must notify any defect or inaccuracy in the report provided by SUREFIRE SEARCHES, in writing,
within seven days of the error being discovered. In the event that such notice is not given, the client shall be deemed to have been satisfied with the performance of SUREFIRE
- Each search is deemed to be an individual contract
governed by English Law
Complaints should be sent to:
Mrs. Shayna L. Dawe, Customer Services, Surefire Searches.
4 Fromeforde House, Church Road, Yate, Bristol, BS37 5JB.
Tel: 01454 300 015
If you make a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (website: www.tpos.co.uk or email: email@example.com). We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman
during an investigation and comply with his final decision.
TPOs Contact Details:
The Property Ombudsman scheme
43-55 Milford Street
Wiltshire SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296